Monday, June 21, 2010

Happy 7th Birthday Second Life

 SL7B

I recently had the honor to slip under the velvet rope for this year's Second Life 7th Birthday celebration! The theme of Second Life's 7th journey around the sun is "Unexpected Collaborations." The celebration will be done on a massive scale such as we've seen with other celebrations like Burning Life. SL7B will take place on a total of 21 sims with over 300 exhibits and live performers. The sims will also be filled with the creative works of over 700 contributors. With my shiny press pass around my neck, I entered the party grounds and was quickly overwhelmed by the sheer size of the place. Take a look at this landscaped birthday message as just one example.

SL7B

I wandered from one inspired build to another until I got very lost hehe.  I finally decided to randomly teleport using the map when I ran into a friend of mine, Callie Cline. I decided to interview Callie at that point. You'll be seeing the interview very soon. What I should tell you now is that this is an event that is not to be missed. You can join the festivities in honor of our favorite virtual world on June 21 at 10am SLT. The celebrations will last until June 27th so we all have a few days of partying together. I must say I'm excited about the creative builds, the freebies, the live events, and speakers we will see over the coming days. Have a look at these photos to get a nice idea of what to expect when the gates open.

SL7B

SL7B

SL7B - Toxian City

SL7B

Second Life has been so many things to so many people. For me it's a place to share my love of photos and blogging, as well as where I met my special man. I'm both happy and a bit surprised that SL is already 7 years old. Just a few more years and we will reach double digits! But I'm getting ahead of things XD. First, we will all have to see each other tomorrow to wish our dear second world a happy birthday.

SL7B

Happy Birthday Second Life and many more!

Here is Limo to Main Party event tomorrow.
http://slurl.com/secondlife/SL7B%20Unique/7/59/24


The Sim will open on June 21st, 2010 at 10 am SLT.

No comments: